Subject: Re: XFree86 & GLX support?
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/12/1999 22:49:25
> > The above URL says that the current Ripperda GLX runs with ``Mesa 3.x''.
> >
> > Are you recommending that I grab the most recent (release) sources of X
> > and Mesa for NetBSD?
>
> Using it with Mesa 3.0 (which is also in pkgsrc) is the easiest.

Perhaps I misunderstood Andrew.  I thought that he was saying that the
sources from the URL were only integrated with Mesa 2.5, and since we were
one 3.0, it was better to get GLX from some other source (I took him to
mean that GLX is integrated into our branch of XFree86 on -current, but am
not entirely sure if that's what he meant).

Maybe I'll give it a whirl next week.  (^&  (I wish that I had a second
machine; then I could play with toys on it without worrying about
jeapordizing my main ``workhorse''.)

Thanks, again, to both of you for the time and effort you've put into
answering my questions.  I now have some idea of where I need to go if I
want to get GLX set up on my machine.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com