Subject: Re: XFree86 & GLX support?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/12/1999 21:01:32
> I have at the end of my /etc/XF86Config:
> Section "Module"
>    Load "glx.so"
> EndSection

(sigh)  I pasted the above lines into my /etc/XF86Config file, then
exited/restarted X, and I still get:

GLUT: Fatal Error in project1: OpenGL GLX extension not supported by
display: rkr.kcnet.com:0.0

(It may be of interest: ``locate glx.so'' returns nothing.  Shouldn't
there be a so-named file somewhere on my file system, in order for this to
work?  Or is the .so ``file'' internal somewhere?)

Is there any way to get an XFree86 X driver to report the extensions that
it supports (and which it has enabled)?  I was poking around
/usr/X11/bin/*, but couldn't find any programs that seemed to provide such
information.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com