Subject: Bad Magic -- Key board won't work
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: April G Gruhn <gudongfe@pilot.msu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1999 10:04:46
I have a major problem here: I can never log into NetBSD-1.4.1
At first I thought it was a bad login binary so I downloaded base.tgz
and put it on a new set of floppies. When NetBSD-1.4.1 gets to the
"login: " prompt I am unable to type anything in at the keyboard.
I edited /etc/ttys by adding a line for ttyv0 (which is what was used
in NetBSD-1.4.1), but that didn't work. When you boot in single-user
mode, it comes up with the prompt "Press RETURN for shell", but now
I can't get a resposne from the keyboard! So I reinstalled 1.3.3
BTW: My keyboard is the original keyboard that came with my i386
8yrs ago... Any ideas?