Subject: Re: DPT support in NetBSD/i386?
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Kenneth D. Merry <ken@kdm.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/09/1999 12:59:09
Andy Doran wrote...
> On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
> > do we have any support for DPT RAID controllers in NetBSD? Any other
> > supported hardware RAID solutions?
>
> I'm currently working on a driver for DPT EATA boards up to the SmartRAID
> IV. It's in its early stages, but it's getting there slowly. My work
> commitments are tough right now although I expect to have time to start
> working on this again about mid-October.

I'm sure you already know that there was a driver for the DPT SmartRAID III
and IV cards in FreeBSD 2.2.x.  The SCSI layer in 2.2.x was very similar to
NetBSD's SCSI layer.  (they were based on the same code)  So the driver
might be ported without too much effort.

DPT has also written a driver for their I2O boards for FreeBSD 2.2.x (but
not yet for CAM, unfortunately).  In any case, I would imagine that it too
could be ported to NetBSD without too much difficulty.  If you want to get
it, contact Mark Salyzyn <salyzyn_mark@dpt.com>.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry