Subject: Re: bootblock for hd[123]
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Sam Izzo <izzo@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/08/1999 15:03:06
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

I'm still quite new to NetBSD and have never used an AT&T style assembler
before, so I'm not trying to make myself out as some kind of guru..

> I'm not a intel machine language guru, can anyone tell me what's wrong
> with that mov-command:
>
>         data32
>         andl    $0xff, %edx
>         mov     $0x0080, %edx	<- this one was commented out before
>         int     $0x13
>
> If I put back the comment, everything works fine. Any hints?
I _think_ this should be

          movl    $0x80, %edx

the `l' referring to a long move (a 32-bit move).

However let me just point out that I have no idea what any of this code is
doing, or if you should be doing this to accomplish what you want done :)

-Sam