Subject: Re: IRQ2/IRQ9 doesn't work
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/1999 13:40:34
I wrote:
> I built my kernel according to the i386 port-specific FAQ, which
> basically says to set the modem for IRQ2 and the kernel config for
> IRQ9 and everything should just work [see
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#irq2or9]. But it doesn't
> work.

I realize I should give more information.

I'm running NetBSD 1.3, and the modem's serial port probes correctly
at boot time. It's only if I try to do any I/O to the modem that it
seems nothing gets through. Using kermit, it appears that stuff gets
neither to nor from the modem.

Deciding that maybe the port-specific FAQ was simply wrong, I
experimented with a kernel config that used IRQ 2 for the modem's
serial port. That didn't work either.

	-- Robert