Subject: Re: Setting up a serial printer
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/1999 19:24:36
According to Richard Rauch:

>I don't know anything about the Apple LaserWriter, but perhaps you can
>sort it out for yourself from GhostScript, or perhaps someone on
>netbsd-help can give more insight.

Uh unless I am *hugely* mis-remembering, the Apple LaserWriter was a
PostScript printer by default.  I am pretty sure it was the first
postscript printer I ever saw.  You should be able to tell easily by
hooking up the serial cable, setting up for 9600 baud on some comms
software (I use kermit myself) and then type a control-t at the
printer, it should come back with a status.  If that does not work
then try a control-d first and then control-t.  For the adventurous
you can type:

showpage
^D

You should get a page ejected from the printer.