Subject: Re: Unable to upgrade 1.4 to 1.4.1...
To: Hume Smith <hclsmith@glinx.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/1999 17:34:41
hclsmith@glinx.com (Hume Smith) writes:
> mind you, i'd far rather have the installer than do it by hand - and 1.4.1
> install was better than the 1.4 - but it sure seems to get little field
> testing.

unfortunately little, in my opinion.  And unfortunately little
attention between releases.  (_Very_ few people hack on sysinst, or
the install notes, between releases.  This has obvious problems.)

The one thing that Everybody can do to help is take notes when you're
installing your systems, about what works, what doesn't, and what
things -- large and small -- can be made better.  Then, either hack
them in yourself and submit the changes in a PR, or send in a PR so
that developers who _do_ hack on sysinst can know what bugs people are
finding.

cgd