Subject: Re: Unable to upgrade 1.4 to 1.4.1...
To: <>
From: <>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/1999 14:39:52
>	Actually - it should already be mounted by sysinst on /usr so you

>	should be able to select 'local directory' (I forget the exact name)

>	from the install menu.

maybe I should open a PR on this, too... I was an hour figuring out that it
had mounted my /usr on /mnt/usr already (I must've missed the bit that told
me that happened)... and I essentially had to reboot each time because the
fscks would claim the FSs were dirty if I tried restarting the install.  I
think even if i synced and umounted them beforehand.  (And i forgot to swap
the etc.old back to etc i'd have to go 'round again)

mind you, i'd far rather have the installer than do it by hand - and 1.4.1
install was better than the 1.4 - but it sure seems to get little field
testing.

--

<<URL:http://www.glinx.com/~hclsmith/>