Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/05/1999 00:10:49
On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 01:47:57PM -0700, Jeff Northon wrote:
> Is ther any work being done on gigabit Ethernet?
>

> http://www.packetengines.com/products/gnic/default.htm

As noted, a port of the FreeBSD alteon-based card driver (should cover about
5 different cards) has been done recently. There also appears to be a
FreeBSD driver for the Packet Engines GNIC I and II cards at

	ftp://ftp.scl.ameslab.gov/pub/drivers/

So, if someone has one of these cards, a port of that driver would be
easy to do. The only other chipset out there is, I believe, the "LSI"
chipset, I don't think anyone has done a driver for that in either
Linux or *BSD yet.

- Frank