Subject: Re: 3com 3c905B-tx strange behaviour
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/1999 16:13:38
    Date:        Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>

  | I can't wait to stuff together the next machine and get it on the 100mb
  | switch.

Since I sent the patch, I have tested it at 100BaseTX both hdx and fdx,
and it seems to work fine.   I got a lockup once on the alpha when going
flat out in fdx (stray interrupts first, that should have been 3c905
interrupts, and then timeouts from the controller).   Since then, no
problems (I have shovelled a Gb or two through it since, at rates running
about 6K pps - up to 80Mbit).   I can't get it to autonegotiate fdx, but
that may be an artifact of just running two of the cards back to back.

I haven't tested 10baseT fdx, but that's so rarely ever wanted that I don't
much care (and I suspect it would probably work anyway).

kre