Subject: Re: MPU401 port
To: None <kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1999 20:13:31
kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de asked:
> I have an older SB16 sound card (Model CT2230) equipped with a wavetable
> (Yamaha DB-50XG). Unfortunately the kernel  (NetBSD-1.4) does not
> recognize the MPU401 port.

The "midi* at sb?" attachment in NetBSD 1.4 works only with
plug-and-play SoundBlasters.  If your card is not PnP, the MPU will
not work in 1.4.

Support for ISA MPU devices (like the actual Roland MPU401) was
recently added to -current, allowing you to use lines like these in
the config file:

midi*	at mpu?
mpu*	at isa? port 0x330 irq 9

This may also work with the MPU401 port on a non-PnP SoundBlaster,
provided there is a way to set up the correct I/O port and interrupt
manually.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi