Subject: Re: 3com 3c905B-tx strange behaviour
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1999 08:09:57
    Date:        Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:36:58 +0000
    From:        buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu (Brian Buhrow)

  | same thing your card does, except that if you select autoselect with
  | Windows for which media to use, the card actually does work, though you
  | can't control things like full or half duplex negotiation.

I don't think I was even able to get windows to work (with the driver
that accompanied the card) in autoselect mode, though with some convincing
using the 3com software I was able to force it into hdx 10Mbit mode
(to suit the net available to be connected to), after which under winsdows
it worked fine.    That's the state the one in the i386 will have been
left in.  The one I have in the alpha has never been near a windows
system (or not while in my posession).   It shold be in its default state.

I will try playing a bit more under windows later today, and see if that
changes  anything for NetBSD, though I suspect that a painstaking
continuing comparison with FreeBSD's driver will be more productive
long term.

kre