Subject: Re: svgalib or compatible library??
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/1999 09:21:22
In article <199908220317.XAA15084@anduin.eldar.org>,
	Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org> writes:

> Does anyone know of a svgalib port to NetBSD/i386 exists or a compatible
> library, perhaps??  [I thought that the FreeBSD folks have one]
>
> Hexen has been ported to Linux, but a X version does not seem to exist,
> only one that uses svgalib.  [Heretic is better in this regard].
>
> Just wanting to run a classic game....

Last time i tried it, the linux-svgalib did work. I played xmame-svga for
better speed than the X version.
As you've only got the linux binary you'll have to use the linux-lib anyway.

P.S.: My last experiments with svga-lib were with PCCONS. Didn't try it with
wscons yet.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@bundy.lip.owl.de