Subject: Re: CompactFlash and PCMCIA
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/1999 17:28:45
On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 02:55:08PM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> I too, tried a bunch of (Kingston) CF cards in my laptop a few weeks
> ago.  It's an IBM ThinkPad 760EL, running 1.4-ish.
>
> I couldn't ever get it to do anything but hang when a CF card was
> inserted at run time or detected at boot time.

Same thing on my TP 310E laptop.  It's been the same since 1.3F (which was
the first version I tried on the laptop).  I was told this happens because
NetBSD doesn't configure the CardBus controller properly (or something like
that).

I sure wish this could be fixed.. I hate having to use a win95 machine just
to read CompactFLASH cards (while regular PCMCIA cards like Ethernet and
mode cards work just fine).

If anyone has a patch for NetBSD 1.4, please let me try it..

  -jm