Subject: drawing a blank
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Wooten <kevinw@quik.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1999 14:16:58
     It has been a while since I've run NetBSD (my recent undertakings have
required a micro$oft OS).  I have noticed (since I installed NetBSD 1.4 on
an i386 2 days ago) that pcvt/pccons console drivers were both "replaced"
by wscons.  Question 1:  does wscons have some sort of screen-blanking
mechanism to use [ie. scon for pcvt].  I know it sounds silly, but I'm a
relatively anal person.  I tried scon, but continuing getting an ioctl
error, so I'm assuming scon it just incompatible with wscons.  Two: for how
long will pccons/pcvt console drivers continue to be supported or
"packaged" with NetBSD?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin