Subject: Re: kern/6279 (was i386-laptop: HEADS UP!)
To: None <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/1999 22:43:19
>>>>> "J" == Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se> writes:

[switched discussion to port-i386, as this isn't an MI issue.]

J> Does anyone have a machine that it doesn't work to have interrupts
J> enabled on? As far as I can tell, the APM spec doesn't say that you
J> have to disable them.

J> John, can you shed some light on this?

I disabled interrupts because I don't trust the APM protected mode BIOS
authors to do the right thing with interrupt handling, and I was leery
of letting our stack frames get APM bios stuff into them.
But if it seems to work just fine with interrupts enabled, I guess we
can relax my paranoia until we see problems.

--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Home page: <http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jtk/>