Subject: Re: panic: vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries
To: Luke Miller <millerlu@peak.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/1999 10:41:20
On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 05:29:52 -0700
 Luke Miller <millerlu@peak.org> wrote:

 > I am running NetBSD 1.3 i386 on a Pentium II 266 with 128 mb of ram.  This
 > system is a very active server serving web pages, some mail and nfs.  I
 > have been ge3tting the following panic:
 >
 > vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries

This was a known defficiency in the NetBSD 1.3 VM system.  It's fixed in
1.4 and NetBSD-current.  There is a constant (MAXKMAPENT, I think) you
can increase in one of the header files (don't remember which one off
the top of my head).

The old VM system has been completely replaced in 1.4 and does not suffer
from this problem.