Subject: Re: sysinst on boot-tiny.fs works until swap problem...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/04/1999 16:00:05
Thanks!  I didn't understand that the boot-tiny.fs was for 4 MB systems, as
I thought it was for 1.2 MB diskettes.

But, good news, it does boot and I get further into the process; thanks!

When trying to FTP the distribution, I get:

/sbin/ping -c <my nameserver IP address> UVM: pid 13 (sysinst), uid 0 killed:
out of swap

UVM: pid 47 (ping), uid 0 killed: out of swap.

I did the "rule of thumb" which is that swap space = actual RAM, or 4 MB.

I didn't see any particular comment in the install.html document saying
that swap needed to be some particular size, but apparently, it needs to be
somewhat greater than 4 MB.

Any hints on this?  Or should I just try various swap sizes until it works?

Thanks again!

-Mike