Subject: Two (unrelated, I hope) problems with MS-DOS filesystems...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1999 00:24:29
Well, I'm having two problems, both sort of involving DOS filesystems.

Problem #1:  I can't mount a DOS partition.  I have an fdisk table telling
me start and end blocks.  I have built a disklabel where wd0d has the same
set of blocks.  'mount_msdos' fails, complaining of an invalid argument.

The unrelated one:  I have one of those PCMCIA<->Compact Flash adapters,
which is really (I am told) just a lame EIDE controller.

If I put it in, my machine locks up, after complaining about an expected
thing never occurring.  It doesn't probe as anything.  It works fine in a
mac.

Any help on either of these would be great; I want to free my poor camera
from MacOS and Windows dependancies.

-s