Subject: laptop questions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <lennox@alcita.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/1999 15:37:08
Hi NetBSD hackers,

I just got my first NetBSD system going on a laptop computer (an AMS
Tech TravelPro 2500).  My first impression is, NICE WORK, PEOPLE.  The
PCMCIA support in NetBSD 1.4 is truly wonderful.

Now the questions:
(1) Can anyone interpret the following autoconfigure messages for me:

ohci0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x1045 product 0xc861 (rev. 0x10)
pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A
ohci0: couldn't map interrupt

I'm particularly concerned about the last two line; sounds like it
could be a problem but I'm not sure what or how serious.

(2) Is there any known reason why using my serial port with Minicom
and a modem sould cause the system to lock up hard? (i.e. can't even
ctrl-alt-esc into DDB).  This happens reliably at any speed and
regardless of flow control settings.  It also happens with a null
modem cable connected to another PC.  The hang doesn't happen until
DTR is high.

--
Mirian Crzig Lennox                                Systems Anarchist
              Invest in America -- buy a Congressman!