Subject: Re: SB PCI-64
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/1999 12:07:58
<frank@wins.uva.nl> (Frank van der Linden) writes:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 06:11:18PM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:
> >
> > Is there going to be support for SoundBlaster PCI64 card. I know there is
> > a driver for the Ensoniq AudioPCI, so...
> >
> > I dimly remember someone saying that these card are enough much different
> > for the eap driver not to work on SB, but would it be much work to
> > edit from the eap a SB64 driver? Or is Creative even willing to give the
> > information required?
>
> Creative uses the Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 for their most recent "64" PCI cards.
> Unfortunately, no docs are available for this card that I know of.. I don't
> know if they could be persuaded to make them available, but from what
> I've heard, that isn't the case.

	Eh? The AudioPCI 97 is documented.

http://www.ensoniq.com/multimedia/semi_html/html/es1371.zip for the
Ensoniq chip (MS Word format, but it is documentation), and
ftp://download.intel.com/pc-supp/platform/ac97/ac97r21.pdf for the
AC'97 spec.

Ezra Story put together some support code for the audioPCI 97, which
I've been hacking on a little (when my box with the spare PCI slot
isn't overheating in the awful summer weather, ugh). If the SB PCI64
is the same thing re-badged, then his code and/or my code should work
on it.

	- Nathan