Subject: 2 Driver related questions
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/1999 12:03:07

------ =_NextPart_001_01BED297.10B469E0

We have written a driver for a piece if hardware that uses the ISA bus.
At startup, it allocated port 0x390-0x985! We need it to start at 0x390,
but only allocate to 0x397 - where is this set?

Also, how do you use inb, outb functions in NetBSD - I have tried to
#include<machine/pio.h> but I get a syntax error on line 67 of the
included file - do I need to set any compiler switches for this?

Thanks
 Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BED297.10B469E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>2 Driver related questions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have written a driver for a piece if hardware that =
uses the ISA bus. At startup, it allocated port 0x390-0x985! We need it =
to start at 0x390, but only allocate to 0x397 - where is this =
set?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Also, how do you use inb, outb functions in NetBSD - =
I have tried to #include&lt;machine/pio.h&gt; but I get a syntax error =
on line 67 of the included file - do I need to set any compiler =
switches for this?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;Bruce</FONT>
</P>