Subject: HP Pavilion problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Pennington <rich@rdp.introl.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/1999 10:34:57
I've been trying to install 1.4 on an HP Pavilion 4455, a nice little cheap
system. I am using a D-Link network card with the Rhine VT3043 controller.

I have a similar setup on my generic PII333 system and it works fine.

The dmesg output on the HP system has lines which indicate that the driver
for the USB controller (Intel 82371AB) and the ethernet card (vr0) can't map
the I/O space.

The only wierd thing about the HP as far as I can tell is its sound/modem card
containing some kind of Rockwell chips that aren't recognized by the GENERIC
kernel.

Short of pulling out the sound card, which I'd rather not do since this
has to be a dual boot system, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard Pennington		Introl Corporation, Milwaukee, WI USA
Email: rich@introl.com		Phone: +1 414-273-6100	Fax: +1 414-273-6106