Subject: BIOS Memory Map problem with ENI card
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John D. DeHart <jdd@arl.wustl.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/1999 17:42:08
I am trying to move an Efficient Networks Inc. ATM card to a new machine without success.
The card works in other machines but when I move it to a machine with
a SE440BX-2 Motherboard, the Command register in the configuration space for
the card gets written with 0x04 in the low byte. This turns off access to the memory
space. When the driver comes along and reads that it reports that it can't map
its memory space.

Is there something in the memory configuration of some machines that needs to
be modified in the BIOS for situations like this?

Thanks,
John

John DeHart                                jdd@arl.wustl.edu
Senior Research Associate                  http://www.arl.wustl.edu/~jdd/

Applied Research Laboratory
Campus Box 1045,  Washington University
One Brookings Drive                        TEL: (314) 935-7329
St. Louis Mo. 63130-4899                   FAX: (314) 935-7302