Subject: Re: ccd/SCSI error
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/1999 13:35:10
> > Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means:
> >
> > sd2(ahc0:2:0):  DEFERRED ERROR, key = 0x4
		    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>The CCD failed to write the data, because the underlying disk failed to
>write the data; if the error is recovered from, EIO isn't (supposed to be)
>returned.

Unfortunately, CCD found out about the error too late.  This was a deferred
error, so the original write was reported as successfully completed to CCD
before it actually hit the media.  It is hard to say what the correct
way to deal with deferred errors is (the original client of the write could
be gone now).

--
Justin