Subject: ccd/SCSI error
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Rungi <blackbox@openface.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/1999 07:47:03
Hi,

I saw this on my console this morning (and its in the dmesg buffer as well).

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means:

sd2(ahc0:2:0):  DEFERRED ERROR, key = 0x4
sd2(ahc0:2:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x2a 00 00 60 a7 70 00 00 10 00
    SENSE KEY:  Hardware Error
   INFO FIELD:  6624732
     ASC/ASCQ:  Mechanical Positioning Error
     FRU CODE:  0x1

ccd0: error 5 on component 2

Does this mean the ccd failed to read/write some data, or does it mean that a
hardware level error occured but my machine was smart enough to try doing
whatever it needed to do again, or does it mean something else entirely?

It happened while I was doing some major copying from a backup hard drive to a
freshly made ccd partition.

Thanks,

EJR