Subject: Re: Suspend/resume hooks
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/1999 12:37:16
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> To make suspend/resume work properly for USB the USB host controller must
> be told to change state.  I thought I'd implement this (since it so annoying losing
> the mouse every time you suspend).
> But I can't seem to find any way for the driver to get notified when a suspend/resume
> is about to happen.  Is it the case that there are no such mechanism in the kernel?
> Or am I just blind today?
>
>     -- Lennart

Wasn't there some talk about 6 months ago about a generic kernel level
event subsystem?  I think that that would be a big win, not only for USB,
but also for PC-Card, power mgmt, etc.

Has any work been done on this?  I'm willing to test code.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."