Subject: Re: mapping keys
To: Wenchi Liao <wliao@midway.uchicago.edu>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/1999 22:05:14
You wrote (in your message from Thursday 24)
 > So: how would I go about mapping these keys to something useful? I'd
 > like to make them into bona fide meta keys, or even an extra set of esc
 > keys. Better question: is it even possible to remap these keys?

If you specify 'XkbModel "pc104"' in the "Keyboard" section of
/etc/XF86Config, you will get 'Menu' and 'Meta_L' keysyms from these
keys. This gives a real meta key (different from the alt key) and it's
quite easy to bind 'Menu' to do what you would expect in your favorite
window manager.

Of course, you can also remap them with xkeycaps, if you want other
bindings.
--
					Matthieu