Subject: GIMPS
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/21/1999 23:33:17
Hello...

I know that a few of you might be running a client for the GIMPS
project. I'd like to try that as well but somehow I don't manage.
I tried the linux client and the FreeBSD client, but both
insist that I am not connected to the net while at the same
moment I am receiving my mails, browsing, etc. Perhaps I have
done something wrong concerning the emulations? I have all the
emulation options and the EXEC_ELF (or how it is written) from
the GENERIC config in my config uncommented as well. I have
the freebsd_libs package and the Linux_SuSE package installed.
But still...

I am not yet used to the emulations, so perhaps there lies my
fault. Is anyone here running the client on his -current
or 1.4-system?

Thanks in advance for any hints...

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)