Subject: Re: bind + internal network
To: Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1999 01:44:48
nslookup requires that your name server has a PTR record.  This
is, I think, a bit of a misfeature as normal name resolution does
not require it.  You can use dnsquery to get around it.

For the other stuff, bind is generally invoked before files, so
you could probably wait for dns to timeout.  In any case, check
out /etc/nsswitch.conf(5) -- it might be able to be modified to
give you the behaviour that you want.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==