Subject: Re: Machine/assembly language
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <lennox@alcita.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1999 12:04:51
der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> writes:
> Does anyone know of an online machine/assembly language reference
> document for Intel-architecture CPUs?  Basically, what I'm looking for
> is the doco I'd need to write an assembler/disassembler, plus a
> description of the semantics of each instruction.

When I need such information, I usually reach for the NASM assembler
manual.  It includes a reference of all x86 instructions, including
timing, up to and including Pentium II and MMX instructions.

You can find NASM off any of several links from
http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/where.html

--
Mirian Crzig Lennox                                Systems Anarchist
  "Don't follow leaders... watch the parking meters."  --Bob Dylan