Subject: Re: cyclades and/or AST
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1999 21:33:44
On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 07:51:25PM +0200, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:

> Is anyone using an AST isa card or an cyclades 32Y pci successfully with
> -current?

I use a 16-port PCI Cyclades card under 1.3.3.  It seems to work well, but
for some reason, I'm, getting FIFO overruns even with hardware handshaking.
With the original cy driver written by Timo Rossi, this never happened.
I'm not sure if the driver is to blame of if I'm experiencing some other
problem (the card is on a production machine and I can't do any debugging
on it).

I'm also using a TC-400 card under 1.3F and it works OK.

> com2 at ast0 slave 0: ns8250 or ns16450, no fifo
> com3 at ast0 slave 1: st16650, broken fifo
> com4 at ast0 slave 2: st16650, broken fifo
> com5 at ast0 slave 3: st16650, broken fifo

Looks odd - I'm quite sure your UARTs are identical on that card..

  -jm