Subject: Re: LINUX compatibility (related to Quake2 under NetBSD)
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1999 17:02:54
On Thu Jun 17, 1999 at 10:13 -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> The LINUX ldd complains:
>
> /emul/linux/usr/bin/ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: not found
>         not a dynamic executable
>
> ...but that file IS there:
>
> % lk -l lib/ld-linux.so.2
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  345041 Sep 22  1998 lib/ld-linux.so.2*
> %

I *think* this same problem I came across with Linux emulation on
FreeBSD.  One of the Linux ldds out there is a script which *executes*
/lib/ld-linux.so.2. In order to execute ELF libraries (ie. allow
e_type==ET_REL), a one-line kernel patch is/was needed for FreeBSD
(available at http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/).

Note that I haven't tried it - I found a different Linux ldd instead...

--
Scott Telford                          "Basically I'm a lazy person deep
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre     down inside, and I don't care a lot