Subject: Re: Xircom , Credit Card 10/100 CE-10/100 . Device Not configured.
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1999 16:58:14
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:52:54 -0300
 David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> wrote:

 > A couple of people are working on these, and should have something soon.
 >
 > Jason, were you referring to the messages in the mailing list, or
 > are you doing some work on this also?

I had started writing one at one point, but then I saw these other messages.

(Actually, I ran short on time first, then saw these messages :-)

 > As an aside, anyone have comments on using pkgsrc to provide new
 > drivers in an existing release?

pkgsrc is not appropriate; they should be submitted as a patch against
the previous release, and distributed from ftp.netbsd.org in the appropriate
area.  They should also problably be "pullup-requested" once they're checked
into -current.