Subject: Quake2 & LINUX eulation.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/15/1999 17:59:52
My dear old brother decided to buy Quake2 for LINUX for me, so I've tried
to install it and play it.  I seem to recall that someone, somewhere, said
that they had it running on their NetBSD machine?  Any pointers?

(I have tried, and so far have met with no luck.  Since someone may have
already discussed this (I couldn't find the messages in port-i386's log,
though), I won't bore everyone with details just yet.)

Or am I actually out of luck with NetBSD v1.4?

Here's an idea, while it's on my mind: Is there interest in adding such
info to the port-i386 web page?  If, by hook or by crook, I can get Quake2
running, I would be willing to write a page if it would get space on the
www.netbsd.org server & a pointer from the i386 homepage...

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu