Subject: Re: ATAPI Disk and kernel
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1999 21:35:04
On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 11:05:48AM -0800, Grant Stockly wrote:
> I have a standard ATAPI disk drive (ZIP, LS120, CLICK...) and want to use it.
>
> My GENERIC kernel says that it is there at atapibus0, and that it isn't
> configured.

Uh ? What version are you using ? The driver is in NetBSD 1.4, and is
included in GENERIC, so it should work. If it doesn't please forward
me the dmesg.
If you're using 1.3.3, there are pacthes available in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/.

> How should I make this work?  The linux How-TOs said to compile ATAPI disk
> support in, but I couldn't find any info on that under 'man options'.

'man sd' is what you're looking for. It's a driver, not an option.
But again, the driver is in the 1.4 GENERIC kernel.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>