Subject: Re: The new IBM IRD Ports
To: Jeff Northon <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1999 10:57:15
	I believe that IRD ports, on the hardware level at least, show up as
com ports on NetBSD.  As far as I know, there is no software on NetBSD,
though there may be some on Linux which could be ported to NetBSD, which
speak the IRDA protocol over the Infrared port.  The question is, do we
want IRDA or BlueTooth as the first over-infrared protocol in NetBSD.
Either would be nice, but my understanding is that both are a piece of
work.  However, Two NetBSD boxes using the raw com port should be able to
talk to each other via PPP without trouble via an Infrared port today with
no software changes.
-Brian