Subject: SOLVED (RE: my problem installing 1.4)
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Heron Gallegos <gallegos@csxxi.sepc.edu.mx>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1999 14:12:40
Este es un mensaje con múltiples partes en formato MIME.

------=_NextPart_000_01BEAF5D.7874EA60

Matthias wrote:
> > I installed 1.4 over the hard disk, i think
> > the install diskette wrote the partition table over the linux table.
>
> The standard installation does not overwrite the master boot record
> if it appears to contain a valid bootloader.
> You should reinstall it with "fdisk -i".

YES, YES, there was a valid bootloader in the hard disk
Thanks a lot

I used the fdisk utility (win95 with support for large partitions)
to overwrite the table and MBR.
Then i installed NetBSD 1.4 without problems...
It works fine now, thanks a lot Matthias, Dave, Tony, Christos

Heron Gallegos
Centro Siglo XXI - Informatica Educativa
Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico

------=_NextPart_000_01BEAF5D.7874EA60

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Matthias wrote:<br>&gt; &gt; I =
installed 1.4 over the hard disk, i think<br>&gt; &gt; the install =
diskette wrote the partition table over the linux table.<br>&gt; =
record<br>&gt; if it appears to contain a valid bootloader.<br>&gt; You =
should reinstall it with &quot;fdisk -i&quot;.<br><br>YES, YES, there =
the fdisk utility (win95 with support for large partitions)<br>to =
overwrite the table and MBR.<br>Then i installed NetBSD 1.4 without =
problems...<br>It works fine now, thanks a lot Matthias, Dave, Tony, =
------=_NextPart_000_01BEAF5D.7874EA60--