Subject: possibility of making kernel options read from ascii text files ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1999 13:29:16
I recently installed 1.4 Its very nice I love it except for the fact that
Im going to have to recompile my kernel to give my NE2000 ISA PNP card to
cooperate. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have some of the
PNP options like IRQ, I/O and all that good stuff read from an ascii text
file on boot . this would save having to recompile the kernel to get the
correct settings . I just thought that this would be a nice option to add
to the kernel .. that is in fact if anyone likes the Idea. maybe to
include this option as an option in the kernel config . just a though
seeing as though I cannot write code .

Just a thought from regular userland :)

cheers!
////////// Tony Hernandez \\\\\\\\\\\\