Subject: Re: my problem installing 1.4
To: David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
From: Heron GALLEGOS <gallegos@csxxi.sepc.edu.mx>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1999 22:56:14
>   This sounds like new bootstrap code needs to be written to your hard
> disk check out the man pages for "disklabel" check out the -B option
> thats the one you will need. Did you install a new disklabel when you
> installed bsd or did the hard drive already have a disklabel on it? .
> whatever you do use caution !! as you could wipe out your disk!!

Thanks, Dave... I will try disklabel -B etc....

No, i didnt install the disklabel, i supose that the NetBSD 1.4 install
diskette disklabeled the hard disk.

This machine is the mail server of a little local university, it had some
recent version of linux, but two days ago was visited for a hacker :)))))
Then they came to us for help and i recommended our standard OS for
servers (i dont know linux). I installed 1.4 over the hard disk, i think
the install diskette wrote the partition table over the linux table.

Thanks again, Dave

Heron Gallegos
Centro Siglo XXI - Informatica Educativa
Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico