Subject: Re: Major Drive Problems
To: Josh Hope <otaku@unixborg.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1999 12:13:26
On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 12:17:23AM -0400, Josh Hope wrote:
> Right now, I'm running fsck -y from singleuser and it's spitting out a
> seemingly endless stream of "wd1g: aborted command reading fsbn <insert
> number here> (wd1 bn <insert another number here>; cn 192 tn 13 sn
> <insert yet another number here>), retrying. Then it goes onto the next

Il would be interesting to match some of these numbers against your
disklabel. "aborted command" can be either that the driver tried to read
at an invalid address, or that the drive is really going bad. I think
the first case should have been catch by bound_check_with_label() though.

The dmesg for this machine would be interesting too.