Subject: wheel mices work !
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/1999 16:34:16
Hi,
I just got the wheel of my logitech PS/2 mouse to work.
In your kernel config file you need to uncomment the lines:
pmsi*           at pckbc?       # PS/2 "Intelli"mouse for wsmouse
and
wsmouse*        at pmsi?
and comment out:
opms*          at pckbc?               # backwards compatible PS/2 mouse

Then change your XF86Config Pointer section to:
Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "wsmouse"
    Device      "/dev/wsmouse0"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
EndSection

I suspect this will work with USB mouses as well, but I don't have one
to check.

For the resources to make X applications aware of your mouse, just look at
this www page: http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

Works fine for me with xterm and mozilla (it's good to note that the Netscape
resources works for mozilla too).