Subject: Re: On-Board Adaptec Support
To: Peter Simons <simons@cys.de>
From: Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/02/1999 16:14:16
Peter Simons wrote:

> You are right, the controller claims to be "Adaptec AIC 7890 SCSI BIOS
> revision 2.01". So I guess I won't have any luck. :-( Is there any
> chance a driver for this beast is becoming available any time soon
> now? I don't mind testing it, I wanted to run -current anywat.

I'm working on the 'aic' driver at the moment, and 7890 support is
one of the goals (I have an ASUS SMP m/b here with one onboard =).
Due to constraints on my free time, it could be a couple of months
before something useful appears. Perhaps it is time for me to
prioritize and push this forward...

- ad