Subject: Re: Floating point exception during 1.4 upgrade...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/02/1999 01:52:40
On 01.06.99, 20:57:27, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> > PR 7607 contains some other annoyances i found in sysinst while doing
> > the upgrade, as well.

I mailed this to the list as soon as the binary distribution for 1.4
was availble, still before the official release date, but nothing
seems to have changed. :(

> > In the end, i upgraded with:
> >
> > foreach file (base.tgz comp.tgz [g-z]*)
> > gzip -dc $file | (cd / ; tar -xvpf - --unlink)
> > end
>
> I too tried upgrading with sysinst and got a core dump.  In the end I did it
> your way.
> Is it impossible to upgrade with sysinst?

I was unable to do it, and I tried it on 3 _very_ different machines.

I wonder if an immediate send-pr would have changed things.

--
Bernd Sieker

Unix, the solution to the W2k problem.