Subject: Re: Floating point exception during 1.4 upgrade...
To: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/1999 13:10:12
> I have a 1.3.3 system that I tried to upgrade to 1.4 last night and during
> the installation I saw these messages (sysinst was running from the boot
> disk):
>
>   uid 0 on /: file system full
>   /: write failed, file system is full
>   Foating point exception

I'd just like to add a "me too" on this.  Although I remember seeing vague
things about the "upgrade" option losing in general with sysinst.  System is a
PPro/200, 192MB of memory.

I'm a good citizen, having stuff backed up on DAT, so I just wiped the disk
and reinstalled-- which in general is how I like to "upgrade" operating
systems anyway.

In addition, on the syinst-14.fs for SPARC's a fresh install goes well, but
always seems to report "Root disk failed a basic sanity check, are you sure
you installed all the sets?" or somesuch.  The install works fine.

--
Bill Squier (groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
http://www.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~groo