Subject: Re: 3c589d hard configured to irq3 for pcmcia ?
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/1999 08:05:28

> In analysis of epinit(), I've made it as far as this line:
>
> bus_space_write_2(iot, ioh, ELINK_W0_RESOURCE_CFG, 0x3f00);
>
> which I can't for the life of me work out what it does from looking at
> NetBSD source, but if I look at what I think is the equivalent thing
> from elsewhere, it appears to be that IRQ3 is set here.
>
> Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Probably - that line was present in 1.3 already and I had
notebook with 3c589 working correctly using IRQ 10. I had
to initialize the card by installing DOS driver from the bundled diskette
before it started to behave correctly though.

--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
Ustav vypocetni techniky Masarykovy univerzity, Brno