Subject: Re: Programs hang when using pppd connection
To: Tony Tye <ttye@icubed.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/1999 08:10:04
On Sat, 29 May 1999, Tony Tye wrote:

>  No, I can't ping the host because ping, like telnet and ftp, simply hangs
> when I try to run it. And I think my /etc/resolv.conf is okay, something like
>
> search infobahn.icubed.com
> 208.0.145.2
>
> (I can't quote the actual file since I'm not running NetBSD right now since I
> can't access the Internet from it yet).

Try

nameserver	208.0.145.2
search		infobahn.icubed.com

I just did `nslookup - 208.0.145.2' to verify that your nameserver is
OK. It's OK. Try that, too. If infobahn goes down for any reason,
you'll have the same problem you described. Many network providers
provide multiple nameservers for that reason--up to two for customers
and two for outsiders.