Subject: Re: CardBus vs 3C575TX
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1999 20:12:40
On 28 May 1999, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu> writes:
>
> > I've installed NetBSD 1.4C + the cardbus patches onto my Gateway
> > 9100 and have properly config'd and built a kernel to support
> > CardBus.
>
> What code base, and what cardbus chip? It does seem to read pci config
> data from the wrong device.

-current as of May 27 with the April 28 CardBus patches (from ftp.netbsd.org:
/pub/incoming/jonathan/cardbus-1.4-9990428.tgz)

As for the chipset, let me search around a little....

Damn, I thought that it was a TI chipset, but it's a:

  Cirrus CLPD-6832 with Zoomed Video and 32-bit Cardbus
  support interfaced to the PCI bus

Also, a quick search via metacrawler for 'Cirrus' and 'CLPD-6832'
reveals that there was some traffic about this chipset and ExCA
registers on a Japanese email list called "bsd-nomads".

Here's the link to the the data sheet:

  http://www.cirrus.com/products/overviews/pd6832.html

> > I'd *really* love to have this thing working by USENIX.
>
> Well, me too, I guess.

And my offer of beer stands.  In fact, I just found out that there is
a sushi place very near the Doubletree (hmmm, sushi :-P.....)  I'm a
pretty strong programmer, but kernel hacking is just a little too out
of my league.  If someone wants to make this happen, I'll gladly buy
the beer and/or sushi and help with the programming in any way possible.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."