Subject: Re: cardbus patches.
To: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1999 01:50:48

--0-1738161562-927852648=:3591

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Ezra Story wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:38:59 -0400
> From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
> To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
> Cc: port-i386@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: cardbus patches.
>
> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 12:19:15AM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
> > There are some cardbus patches "around" (for 1.4) at the moment...has anyone
> > actually tried to compile a cardbus kernel with them ?
> >
> > I attempt to compile a kernel with the etherlink interface, using that
> > .tgz only to end up with some complaints about "cardbus_io_open" being
> > undefined.
>
> I've tried them out, but they seem to map the cardbus and ExCA registers
> wrong so nothing works.  ie. stuff which should have certain default
> values show up as 0x00.. actually.. everything shows up at 00 :)

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I've done some extensive digging around
with kgdb and ddd  and come the the conclusion that i need to get and get a
copy of the PCI, CardBus and PCIBIOS specs/docs if i'm to get anywhere.

I've got a Rioch 5C478 - the laptop is a Panasonic CF-71.

fwiw there's a typo/pasto in the cardbus code for the 478 that means it
dosn't get any flags - see attached patch

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making

--0-1738161562-927852648=:3591
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--0-1738161562-927852648=:3591--